Loving the vintage vibe!

Here's where I'll share my obsession with vintage fabric! It's taking over my house!

I'll sharing with you my favorite fabrics, my 'adventures" in dressmaking using vintage patterns, some home furnishing ideas and no doubt I'll be telling you about any exciting finds! Love to hear about your vintage adventures too!

My first Shop was AudreysCat ( online shop May 2010) , but my new logo / name - WittyDawn , arrived Jan 2014.

I hope you'll have time to browse my shops too !

Friday 14 October 2016

Another recipe - but this time for Dog Treats !

A couple of people have asked me for dog treat recipes so here are the ones that I have used - passed onto me by other kind folks and seen on some great Facebook pages ( eg Lurcher Appreciation Page) :

TUNA BAKE - the one I use the most
1 Tin tuna in sunflower oil, 100 g Self raising flour, 1 egg plus some grated cheese if you like.

Mix, press flat in an oiled microwave dish ( I use a pyrex bowl glass lid) , cook on full full power for 6 to 7 minutes.

Corned Beef bake -
I tin of corned beef , 1 egg, 60 ml water, 300 g plain flour, 100 g cheese
Mix, press into a grease and lined baking tray, cook for about 25 mins at 180 ( 160 fan ) - although I admit I am a bit casual/check it and see about cooking times LOL .

Liver Bake- current fav this makes LOADS
400g liver, 1/2 pint cold water, 400g plain flour ( although last batch I did was 50: 50 SR and plain and was good also, 1 egg, 2.5 fl oz of olive oil

Blend liver and water, mix in other ingredients, bake in shallow greaseproof paper lined tin 30 - 35 mins at 180 degrees. Might have to prick with fork halfway through.

FOR ALL THE ABOVE RECIPES
Allow to cool
Cut into small dice shapes
Freeze and then defrost small amount  

Variations ?
You could try rice flour instead of wheatflour
You could try other tinned fish in oil
I only had 250g of liver last time did liver bake so I substituted apple and sweet potato - worked just fine and might be useful if you need a lower fat treat for your dog.

 I have tasted the Tuna and Corned beef ones and the am VERY nice .... but I haven't tried the liver one!

 Here is Tom waiting for a treat - By the way the photo was taken by Steve Shepard - Candid Canines



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment , it will be published shortly...