Loving the vintage vibe!

Here's where I'll share my obsession with vintage fabric! It's taking over my house!

I'll sharing with you my favorite fabrics, my 'adventures" in dressmaking using vintage patterns, some home furnishing ideas and no doubt I'll be telling you about any exciting finds! Love to hear about your vintage adventures too!

My first Shop was AudreysCat ( online shop May 2010) , but my new logo / name - WittyDawn , arrived Jan 2014.

I hope you'll have time to browse my shops too !

Tuesday 22 May 2012

My latest 'House' project

I've been looking for a G Plan table and chairs for a while and was finally rewarded at my local Sue Ryder shop - of which I am a very good customer! So we are now the proud owner of a 'new' dining room set.  To confirm to fire regs the chairs have to be sold minus upholstery so my job this week is renovating and recovering 6 seats. I've made a start ... and I'll post the final results shortly. The fabric is a vintage upholstery weight fabric from the 1960s called  'Pathos' by Francis Price. ( however I also still have 4 other seats and my other dining room table ....opps....)



8 comments:

  1. Love the colours. You've got to love the G plan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Audrey,

    Really like the your fabric for your chairs. Will look forward to seeing the full set :) Is it hard to do?

    Blessing Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No not too difficult - you need a good staple gun and I use a lining fabric between the foam and the top fabric. Just a bit dull when you've 6 to do!

      Delete
  3. looks lovely! All of your blog looks lovely, especially the greenness of it! SO lovely that I am nominating you for a Versatile Blogger Award! Details of your nomination are on my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I may have written this three times - am nowhere near as good at blogging as you are - love your blog, love the green, love that little chair! Nominating you for a Versatile Blogger Award!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh - how kind, better pop off for a look and think about who I'd nominate...there are SO many good bloggers out there...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the fabric, nice color. I have a couple chairs I want to refinish just haven't got around to it. To much other things on my to do list. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment , it will be published shortly...