Loving the vintage vibe!

Here's where I'll share my obsession with vintage fabric! It's taking over my house!

I'll sharing with you my favorite fabrics, my 'adventures" in dressmaking using vintage patterns, some home furnishing ideas and no doubt I'll be telling you about any exciting finds! Love to hear about your vintage adventures too!

My first Shop was AudreysCat ( online shop May 2010) , but my new logo / name - WittyDawn , arrived Jan 2014.

I hope you'll have time to browse my shops too !

Wednesday 8 September 2010

Chocolate Courgette Loaf / Pumpkin Loaf

Hi all, a few people have been asking me for these recipes. The Pumpkin Loaf recipe was orginally given to my by a fellow Allotment holder on my old plot in Enfield. I've adapted it for courgette as well.

This is a DAIRY FREE recipe, keeps well and freezes beautifully - I usually make 2 at a time, one for now and one to freeze. I've also used the same recipes for muffins just reduce baking time to say 20 mins.

Need: Loaf Tin 9" by 5" , ideally loaf tin liner/greaseproof paper, Oven pre-heated to 175 C

Ingredients:
FOR PUMPKIN LOAF
8 oz Plain Flour
1 teaspn baking powder and 1 teaspn bicarb of soda (Baking soda)
1 teaspn of cinnamen
1/2 teaspn of salt
8 oz Sugar
6 fl. oz of Olive Oil
2 eggs
8oz of mashed/cooked Pumpkin (which equals 12oz when uncooked)
6 oz raisins ( or chopped apricots or apple whatever)

FOR CHOCOLATE COURGETTE LOAF all the same BUT:
1. Replace pumpkin with uncooked grated courgette (zucchini) 250 grams
2. Add 2 or 3 heaped table spoons of Cocoa
3. Raisins are fine in this but chopped apple or raspberries are even better

TO make:
Combine sugar and oil then add beaten eggs
Add dry ingredients
Add your choice of pumpkin/courgettes/fruit/cocoa
Bake for approx 1 hour - CHECK - may need another 15 to 20 min depending on your oven

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment , it will be published shortly...